Here I I’m doing a video on flashing a table I’m working on to restore it back to the original Android OS. Jump to 14:55 for the quick copying pasting in the command prompt.
This is not a how to video. I’m just demonstrating how I went through the process with fixing my human errors, and the tablet issue.
Heres the instructions:
How to Hard Reset a Bricked Nexus 7 With PC
(Thanks Laptop Mag for this great guide)
1. Setup ADB drivers
2. Now, download the stock image files from Google here
We installed 4.1.2 version of the Nexus 7. We save them inside the C:/android-sdk/platform-tools/ folder on computer (they need to be in the same folder as the fastboot file).
3. Extract the archive you downloaded from Google.
4. Take software like 7zip and extract to C:/android-sdk/platform-tools/ folder.
5. Power Off the Nexus and turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power at the same time until the bootloader screen comes up.
6. Now, plug your device in via USB cable.
7. Open the Platform Tools folder of the SDK, hold down shift and right-click in any blank area of the folder. Select the option to Open a Command Prompt Here.
8. At the command prompt, type the following while hitting enter at the end of each line:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
9. After that is done, type fastboot oem unlock and hit Enter.
10. After that is done, type fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-grouper-3.34.img and hit Enter.
11. Then type fastboot reboot-bootloader and hit Enter.
12. After that is done, type fastboot -w update image-nakasi-jro03d.zip then hit Enter.
13. When the device reboots, power off the Nexus and turn it back on by holding down Volume Down and Power at the same time until the bootloader screen comes up.
14. After that is done, type fastboot oem lock at the command line and hit Enter.
15. Type fastboot reboot at the command line and then hit Enter.
Make Nexus 7 (2012) RUN LIKE NEW!
In this video I am going to show you how to make the 2012 edition Nexus 7 run exactly as it did on day one of its release. Please thumbs up, comment and subscribe.
Sponsored by 3 Minute Reviews: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR6HrSMbipH24_leWLMocf5oo3CQ5VAC6
Channel: Eric Carter
Published: 2014-11-11 10:12:20
Nexus 7 (2012) Wont Turn On? – HOW TO: Jump Starting the Flatlined Battery
Watch in HD! Read description if you want to skip ahead some…
WARNING: This video is for the 2012, First Generation Nexus 7. While this procedure will work on various devices, including the second generation Nexus 7 (2013), your process for opening your device will vary. Also do some research before grabbing the pry tool!
This video is a little lengthy…but I wanted to show the steps I took to make sure that it wasn’t a simple problem. I.E. holding the power button, checking the battery connection, using the power cord, etc etc.
If you don’t want to see my thought process, or hear some of the explanation before the fix, skip to 7:20 to see what I did!
This might work with other devices that have flat-lined like this tablet! DIY and get your device working again!
Thanks for watching! Any questions or comments feel free to post, and please subscribe!
Channel: JEG’s Garage
Published: 2015-03-20 02:40:40
How to install the Android SDK, ADB and Fastboot on your PC
This video will show you how to install the Android SDK on your PC. I try and keep everything simple for everyone! Any questions, please ask!
If SDK manager doesn’t open, download and install this:
Check out my Website!
If you’d like to donate, please click here:
All donations go to my college fund and will be greatly appreciated 🙂
Channel: Tim Schofield
Published: 2011-12-19 01:08:13
Android tablet not working, Factory reset using keys
If it fails to reboot and you have tried everything you might have to get a new one 🙁 check below the latest models do not have this problem
Amazon US link to android tablets
Amazon UK link to android tablets
For more indepth information visit http://androidtabletnotworking.com/
How to do a factory reset an Android tablet when your start up screen is hanging. Some methods show how to reset from the operating system but in this instance you cannot get to the software it just shows the android screen. We will then have to get to the boot screen, not all tablets will give you a menu screen in boot mode, so once it is here simply allow it to reboot itself and your android tablet should now start up with factory default settings, simply reinstall your apps, and I am assuming you have stored your data on a cloud or an sd card
*******BY THE WAY*******
Watch video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw_21ymhubA&list=UUJ_OsowAOdAEfsnFxSYBNUg
Music entitled “Gizmo Junkie” supplied by Ben Beats
Channel: Geekz n Beatz
Published: 2013-04-12 12:06:38
3 RESET WAYS on ANDROID TABLETS REVIEW
HARD FORCE SHUTDOWN – FACTORY RESTORE & BACKUP & RESET – 3 RESET WAYS on ANDROID TABLETS REVIEW, look for a tiny reset pinhole along the case it may reset the tablet too All RESETTING Ways Below Holding Down Certain Sequence of Keys or Buttons will put Most Tablets or Android Phones in Service mode to Factory Restore to New.
Hold Vol + & Power 20 sec
Hold Vol – & Power 20 sec
Hold Vol + – & Power 20 sec
Hold Home & Power 20 Sec
Hold Vol + & home & Power 20 sec
Hold vol – & home & power 20 sec
Hold Vol + – & Home & Power 20 Sec
Hold Reset Button 30 sec
Note- Use Volume + – to Move Up and Down in Service menu But you Can Use a usb mouse to Select Option in Android Settings To backup & Restore too
in the Video Description there is More different Ways to Reset Tablets
Published: 2012-11-30 02:37:53